Wednesday, March 25, 2009

California Adventures

Wow. It seems like forever since I've blogged. Sorry about that avid readers. (AKA Cathy who needs an excuse to take a break from work every once in awhile, j/k!)

Well, we are back from California and it was a GREAT trip! It's something about a girls trip (for the most part) that is cathartic. Larry's dad, also named Larry, was only around for a day and a half and the rest of the time it was me, Tanner (who doesn't really count as a guy at this stage in his life since he doesn't weigh in on daily outings and activities), Larry's Mom Linda, and my Mom.

We went to Disneyland, California Adventure Park, visited with the west coast crew (Larry's family who is also amazing), ate out a lot, shopped, and played at local parks. I also drove on the freeway a ton and thoroughly enjoyed going 85-90 miles an hour in a rental car. We just had an awesome time.

While at Disneyland Tanner, Mom and I rode the Teacups and Tanner kept turning the wheel in the middle making us spin faster and faster. We also rode Dumbo, the carosel, the cars, the train, and more. He went to sleep on Its a Small World. Crazy. Who could sleep through all those lights and creepy little singing puppets? Not me, those things freak me out a little.

Tanner was also really good on all 4 flights, even both 5 hour flights. What an absolute miracle! Some of the passengers got a kick out of him as we boarded the planes because while we were going down the aisle he was waving to everyone saying "Hi. Hi." and slapping hands saying "Five. Five." I tell you that kid is crazy. Several people commented on how well behaved he was. That's just called being prepared with games, songs, and definitely snacks, snacks, and more snacks. Did I mention I had snacks?

I do have to say that although I have a really fabulous time, it's good to be home. I love my home and realize that I am so blessed to have a home to come home too. May your home be a place of safety, warmth, and peace. Much love :o)

1 comment:

Jill said...

yay! I'm so glad that the trip went well!! :-)
sounds like you gals are just party animals!!
and tanner seems like quite the traveler... especially enjoying the sights at Disney!

hope to see you real soon!

and remember... Cathy's not the only one who checks your blog DAILY!! ;)