Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Life I Have vs The Life I Want

Jill left a comment on my previous entry, Desk Job, and of course as Jill always does, she plays Devil's Advocate. Her question, "is that the life I have or the life I want?" raises a very good point though.

The life I have is great but sometimes I fall into that "grass is always greener" trap. I think to some level, we all do. I have a great family, wonderful friends, an awesome church, a God that loves me unconditionally, a nice roof over my head, food in my belly, and a car in the garage. I have a job that pays the bills so my lights work and my water runs.

So why in the world do I ever complain or dare want anything else? It's honestly beyond me.

The life I want is not much different from the life I have. I think it's just that I want more. Not more stuff or money, but more.

I want more time with Tanner. I want Larry to listen to what I say and actually respond more often. I want a job where I smile more and have more interactions with people. I want to feel the sun/son on my face more. I want more talking, less TV. I want more hope, less pain, frustration, and politics. I just think that currently I have this itch I can't scratch.

So, to you Jill my dear friend, I have the life God has fashioned for me so far and that is good enough for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now remember, just because you posted 3 blogs does not mean you can slack off for 3 more days!! =)
Cant wait to see you and Jill this weekend!
Cathy

Jill said...

I second Cathy's thought!!
I appreciate several blogs in one day!! :-)

And... that was a good post! Perhaps I should challenge you more often.
thanks for sharing!
love ya-
j