Monday, September 22, 2008

Camping, Part 2

Camping this past weekend at Douthat State Park was truly amazing. The time together with Larry, my brother Jason, and my sister in law Stormy was awesome and exactly what I needed (an all adult trip – the kids stayed with the Grandparents). I had felt for a long time that I needed a renewal and this past weekend I got one. The air was crisp and the sun was bright. Fall had started to set in so the mornings were cool and the evenings were cold. We enjoyed walking, hiking, riding bikes, cooking out, playing games and cards, and sitting around a big fire that my brother tended like no other. On Friday, the guys fished while the girls talked and read. I even took a nap on Saturday. It was fabulous.

This is a trip I hope to take year after year. When I feel worn out and run down, I need to remember our time at Douthat and how God provided the get away I needed exactly when I needed it most. His beauty was so apparent there that every moment I felt surrounded by God’s astonishing love.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I guess all that scurrying around getting ready was worth it, hmmm?