Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Camping

This week has been a mad dash to get ready to go camping this coming weekend. Larry and I are camping with my brother and sister-in-law, whom we both love dearly, and it should be so much fun. I'm always curious though why it's so hard getting ready to take a vacation...

I probably make it harder than it has to be.

This week has been nuts. Monday I had to take a test at work which meant I studied a lot over the weekend and stressed out until it was finished and passed Monday morning. Monday night I ate dinner with my parents and then Tanner and I walked (he strolled) with my Mom in Wyndhurst. Tuesday I had to drop my car off at BCH in the morning for some routine work, get a ride back at lunch to pick it up, then go eat lunch with my Grandma. Tuesday night my nephew also had a baseball game. Today I had to go to Roanoke bright and early for a CE class for work, pick up new contacts after work, pick up dinner, and later went to the grocery store to get all the food for camping. I also had to make a few things tonight to take camping.

Intertwined with all those activities were the regular activities of my daily life: take care of a 10 month old, work a full time job, get Tanner out of the dog's toys, drop off and pick up Tanner from the sitters, wash 5 loads of laundry - which includes drying and hanging up or folding, give Tanner the 2nd bath of the day because he has peas crusted to the side of his head, pack Pepper and Tanner's items to stay with the grandparents while the adults are camping, go to the store for dinner items because we still need to eat, cook dinner, get myself packed for camping, etc, etc, etc.

I think I need a vacation from my preparation for vacation and I definitely don't think it should be this hard. So as I sit here and type, I'm thinking about cuddling up in bed with the latest book and hunker down, at least until it's time to get the clothes out of the dryer and just relax and take a moment for myself, before finishing the packing for camping.

Smores, here I come.

No comments: