Sunday, May 1, 2011

Osama is Dead

There are several things that I have lived through in my young 33 years and I can tell you very clearly where I was during all of them. I would guess that 100% of Americans can tell you where they were on 9-11 when the Twin Towers crumbled and the Pentagon billowed with black smoke.

Now I add to my list that when I heard that Osama Bin Laden had been killed, I was doing laundry. Larry called my name from across the room and I immediately thought I was in trouble. The sound of his voice was both shock and alarm mixed with intense questioning. I rushed out of the laundry room to find Larry standing in the middle of our great room staring at the TV. He says to me in the calmest voice I've ever heard, "We got him. We got him Jamie. Osama is dead. Osama Bin Laden is dead."

We just stood in the middle of the living room together flipping through the various news channels hearing it repeated over and over again. "Osama is dead."

Thank you to all the military men and women who have sacrificed it all to continue to allow us to experience freedom. God bless America!

No comments: