Wednesday, August 11, 2010

5, 4, 3, 2, 1, Part Deux

Oh good day.

Today I felt like a parenting experiment gone terribly wrong. Terribly, terribly wrong.

Today has been one of those days when I look back and go, "Wow, really? That's how that went?" Sadly, yep. No need to take down notes or jot down any tips because today nothing seemed to work. Maybe that's he lesson in it all?

Not only was the countdown in full effect so was the following:
1. the toddler time out
2. the Mommy time out
3. ignoring said toddler's temper tantrum and subsequent yelling and throwing of small self on the floor
4. encouraging said toddler to make another choice and showing awesome options that would be a billion times better than the previously mentioned temper tantrum
5. begging
6. pleading
7. crying

Dear God please bless me as a parent and give me the wisdom to be the parent you planned for me to be and Tanner needs me to be. Please let me wake up with a few new tricks in my parenting bag, that, or could you maybe send me on a vacation?

1 comment:

Jill said...

sounds like it's time for a girl's weekend!!!
get the calendar out...