Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My Friend, My Calendar

For 3 years now I have used the same calendar and I love it. It’s called Busy Body Book (www.busybodybook.com - currently has a sale too) and it’s just amazing. It’s mainly set up for all the many schedules Moms and families have to juggle and has 5 “slots” so each family member can have their own block of time for their activity for a particular day.

Let me start by saying, I don’t use my Busy Body Book how it’s really meant to be used. I use it how it works best for me. Since I still keep a paper calendar rather than use a scheduler on a mobile device, I made it fit my life and my personality.

My BBB is small yet big enough to handle how large I write. The pages are thick so it handles how hard I press my pen. It also has plenty of space for whatever I need to write for a specific day or week (it has a week at a time view). It also has a half lined half blank page on the left hand side for any random notes. Its spiral bound so it lays flat rather than folding up as soon as I start to write something.

I also like a little color in my life and the BBB is plain on the inside so I write most events in blue ink, special events like birthdays and anniversaries in red ink and I mark payday for Tanner’s preschool in green (fun and anal retentive at the same time).

In addition to the color I add myself; I add a special picture on the left hand side of the calendar. This new project alone has been so entertaining. I started by Googling a picture of an orange gerbera daisy. I found 1 I liked, and then I found another and another. I printed them out and cut and adhered them to the left side of my BBB. Then I Googled other fun stuff; vacation destinations, pictures of the cast of The Big Bang Theory, a random picture of a donkey that makes me laugh every time I see it, icebergs (they really are fascinating), lightning, sun rises, and more. I am looking forward to filling my BBB up with 52 of the coolest pictures I can find. So far, they all make me smile.

2 comments:

Jill said...

:-) too cute. yes... almost TOO cute.... ;)

CoryK said...

That's really kool. I want a BBB. Maybe it will help me get a little more organized.