Saturday, January 30, 2010

Snow Days

Snow days, for most people, are relaxing and fun. Most of the time I agree with this.

Something about today though... I do not feel relaxed and I did not have fun.

Rewind: Tanner has breathing troubles. He had RSV when he was 7 week old and whenever he gets even the slightest sniffle, we are doing breathing treatments several times a day. When he has a hard time breathing, he has a hard time sleeping. When he has a hard time sleeping, we all have a hard time sleeping.

So combine little sleep with general tiredness from the work week and you have a Momma who tried really hard to make it a fun day but fell apart several times. I found myself exhausted and quite honestly sad that I couldn't make it a more fun day.

We played with his Thomas the train set until of course he was done and threw the tracks. He's 2. It happens. We played with his Rody bouncer until he was done with that and threw it. Again, it happens. We are working on not throwing things, but he doesn't always hit the mark. Everything it seems like we did today ended up not the way I thought it would go in my head. It just wasn't that fun.

I think it's me.

I used to really like the snow but today it just made me feel stuck.

I hope that tomorrow is better and perhaps we can go out and play in it. That should be more fun. Right?

I am not a worrier but having Tanner out in cold wet weather makes me hesitate. I would love to play out in it for hours, throwing it, eating eat, sleigh riding, making snow angels, etc. Truth of the matter is that we can only be out in it with him for small increments of time, making sure he is dry and doesn't get wet or overheated. This is true for all of us.

At any rate, I hope I wake up tomorrow and the sun is shining and there is no more snow on the ground than there is right now, even less is preferable. I also hope I wake up in the morning after having a full night's rest with a better attitude. Here's hoping.

2 comments:

CathyK. said...

Im sorry Tanner is having breathing problems...hopefully this cold season will go by quickly so we can have some good spring and summer days!
Good luck on the throwing thing...I still do it from time to time...it happens...Im 32!

Cat

CoryK said...

I hope you and the little man are doing ok and that the snow is not killin you to much. It seems as if we will be getting more. I also hope you guys get to go out and play. I really want to take our little guy out but I am afraid that he is going to get to cold or wet and then.... sick. That's no fun for anyone. I'm defin. feelin ya on that one.