Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Circles of Friends

Sometimes I wonder how to best be a part of different groups of friends. Does anyone else go through this?

I have several diverse circles of friends and while I feel blessed to have these friends, I find it interesting that they don’t overlap. It’s almost like they can’t overlap. Maybe that’s because what makes us individuals creates the parameters for the group. All of these circles are great for different reasons and each of them helps me grow in some way. I find it more fascinating than anything.

I have 1 to 2 friends that I have been friends with all my life while I have new friends that I have known for less than a year and even less than several months. I have friends from elementary, middle and high school and friends from college. I have friends from work and church. I have Bunco, Twilight and Facebook friends. I have individual friends that are also a part of couple friends. It’s crazy and I love it.

These groups rarely if ever overlap although there have been occasions when this has happened. Sometimes it's awkward, sometimes it's just fine, sometimes it's perfect and sometimes I make more friends and come out the other side better for having made the leap.

Again, I feel so blessed to be surrounded by so many wonderful and diverse people. I love you friends!

1 comment:

Jill said...

consider yourself blessed to have so many friends!! you are a lucky gal! :-)