Thursday, May 14, 2009

Random Knuckle Pain

Over the past several months I have experienced this unbelievable pain in the lowest knuckle of my pointer finger on my left hand. For a long time it felt like it just needed to be cracked (I crack my knuckles all the time anyway) but cracking the knuckle never relieved the pain completely.

Just recently, this pain has become increasingly more painful until I almost feel like I need to take something to relieve the ache and tenderness. I have a very high tolerance for pain and over all body annoyances (headaches, cramps, etc) but this isn’t like any other pain I’ve experienced before.

The pain starts in the knuckle but radiates up my finger and almost across the top of my hand. This is worsened by the fact that I have a desk job and type like a mad man. Sometimes the pain is sharp and sometimes it’s a dull ache. It does feel better when I apply ice but the only time I can do this is at night once my day is slowed down considerably and Tanner is asleep.

No worries though. It will have to just about fall off before I see the doctor about it. Gotta love health insurance (or lack there of).

1 comment:

Jill said...

well. that was a cheery post. ;p

hope that the pain will subide soon. :-)
I'll say a prayer for ya!
j