Thursday, May 7, 2009

I could just kick myself...


Although this afternoon snack consisting of light fudge creme between two rich, dark chocolate cookies and a wave of fudge icing over the top may sound like it would be great, but the minute I finish the last bite, I regret it.

Almost instantly I feel like I am going to be sick or I need to lie down. I know this feeling is my own doing, or over doing of sugar, so I just have to suck it up and take the punishment. Hopefully it will pass soon.

I decided to blog in an attempt to get my mind off of how bad I feel. I guess I should have picked a different topic. Anyway, previously to eating this delicious afternoon treat, I loved them. The small ones are just enough sugar to give me a little boost without making me feel sick but the big ones...what a bad idea. I mean BAD IDEA. The big ones are for those of us who seem to lack self control around sweets I suppose.

Well, I’m starting to feel better and wake up a bit. That’s nice because I didn’t end up being sick after all. Hopefully I have learned my lesson and will stick to my current favorite snack of pretzel sticks that contain no sugar whatsoever.

2 comments:

Jill said...

yep... stick with the pretzels!

maybe I can take you out for a dinner soon- and we'll eat more than pretzels :-)

Skamamama said...

i remember sitting around the pool eating these like crazy one summer. they used to be a favorite treat. i wish i hadn't seen this, it may cause me to buy a box!