Wednesday, December 3, 2008

To go or not to go? That is the question.

I have wanted to go back to California since Tanner was born so Larry's extended family could meet Tanner, especially Larry's Grandparents, Tanner's Great Grandparents. Mama and Papa (pronounced Mumma and Puppa), who are well into their 80s, send cards and money on a regular basis to their youngest great grandchild whom they have never met. I really want them to be able to meet Tanner while they are still alive and I want to show my appreciation for their unbelievably sweet gifts.

Larry is terrified of flying with Tanner. Ok, that might be a bit dramatic, but he is not happy about the prospect of traveling for 8-10 hours with a 1 year old, specifically on a straight 5-6 hour flight.

Those of you who know Tanner know he's a flexible baby and can go with the flow, but he is a wiggly little dude and doesn't like to sit still for long. Heck, I can't sit still for long and I'm not sure how a 5-6 hour flight would go either. That's why I think more flight legs is the answer. Luckily, and maybe this is a sign, US Airways is running a special from Lynchburg to Long Beach with 2 lay overs within our price range (kind of sort of if you can say a flight is within any one's price range).

Now, I just need to convince Larry this is possible. Also, I just heard from Larry's older sister Gina that they are going to be in SoCal the end of January for Patrick's 5th birthday so Tanner might have a chance to meet his aunt, uncles, and cousins for the first time as well.

Here's hoping and praying...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes we will be in town...think we will be there by Christmas eve and stay through the weekend. Hope we will get to see you guys!!
Cathy-jo

Anonymous said...

My kids constantly surprise me. I never give them enough credit. When Ana was a year old we went to see Casey in Miami on a job site. I was scared to fly with Ana alone so Casey's mom went. Ana did great. She slept most of the way. So I felt like a dork getting his mom to go with us. Just get a little back pack with some toys and snacks and Tanner will be fine. Just do it!!!