Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Birthday Cake

I love birthday cake. I look forward to birthday cake. This past Saturday was Larry’s 31st birthday and we celebrated with family on Sunday since Saturday was too busy to say the least. Carrot cake and cream cheese icing, and please make it cold was the request. So that I did. After Cathy’s wedding on Saturday, I came home and made a birthday cake and put it in the fridge. I made sure we had milk to go with it. At our house after church on Sunday there was a flurry of activity all around my house. For the first time in a while, my house felt normal. I hadn’t realized that I missed normal. As I sat in the floor eating cold carrot cake, I had a moment where I was so thankful for my normal yet crazy life, and thankful for the simplicity, of birthday cake.

2 comments:

Jill said...

;-)
normal is good...enjoy!

Unknown said...

Awww...Tanner and I had a great time. In fact, he might even show up in a future blog, provided I come up with the time to write one! :)