Monday, September 29, 2008

It is what it is

Mondays are always tough since I have to adapt to someone else’s schedule and expectations after having a few days with minimal rules. I would have loved to stay home in my pajamas and played with Tanner all day but that’s called play, not work. Work is something that I mostly enjoy although there are times when I emotionally struggle with time missed from my little man Tanner. Work, for Larry and me, is a necessary evil that we created so the philosophy I’ve adopted is “it is what it is”.

God has given me this philosophy to use in many aspects of my life, such as, when my in laws (who are wonderful people) came to stay with us for 5 days the week after Tanner was born. God promises that He won’t give me anything I can’t bear; he didn’t say it would be easy, but He will help me through it. This isn't the toughest thing I have ever been through by far and this isn't the toughest thing I will ever go though.

Right now, as I sit here, I wish I could change my schedule so I am already in my living room floor playing with Tanner. But, it is, what it is, so back to work until that magic time when I get to go home…

No comments: