Monday, September 6, 2010

IV Iron Infusion...Part II

Tomorrow I have the second iron infusion at Virginia Baptist and I have to say that I'm a little nervous.

I should feel better by now and I really don't. Occasionally I have "jolts" of energy but it goes away very quickly and then I'm completely drained. I have entire days when I feel like a zombie. I just really want to get my life back and at this point, having any energy at all would be a plus.

Not only am I nervous about how I will be wiped out for at least the week following tomorrow's infusion, but the area of my hand and wrist where I had the last infusion still hurts very much. I usually have a very high threshold for pain but this is almost like an ache, like a bone deep strain or something. My folks say I should mention it tomorrow when they go to put in the IV and I guess I really should. We'll see how it all plays out.

I'll have at least 6 hours to sit there during the infusion. This time I'm packing snacks and bringing my iPod. Maybe I can get a nap and catch up on my sleep.

Say some prayers.

2 comments:

Jill said...

yup. will be praying!
hope it goes better for ya this time.
keep us posted!
*hugs*!

Sherry said...

Good luck. I know how annoying all this can be. If you find a nurse that can do a good IV always ask for her. I was surprised at how bad some of the nurses were with IVs and that was their job all day long. My hands used to get really sore too when the IV was in wrong. There was only one lady in the hematology department that could do it right. Make them put it in somewhere else the next time. You got to complain and whine and let them know that the IV is not right.
I'll be praying that things get better.