Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Simple Sense of Peace

This afternoon I had a few minutes in the car by myself, which is extremely rare, and I experienced a moment where everything in my world just felt right. I felt like I could actually hear God telling me to take a moment and catch my breath.

Women today have so many roles and we wear so many hats that it's hard for us to have those tidbits of time that are just for catching our breath.

We are moms, wives, daughters, workers, short order cooks, dry cleaners, taxi drivers, maids, cheerleaders, nurses and much, much more but my favorite role is one that doesn't really have a title and doesn't fit neatly into a little box.

I love when I can hear God speak, feel that simple sense of peace that only He gives me and pass that peace to my family through more personal time, extra patience, the special taste of love in a home cooked meal, one more bed time story or song, a tighter goodnight hug and just letting His love shine.

1 comment:

Jill said...

so glad that you had a moment of peace. you deserve a million moments like that! :-)

(hope that you are feeling better tonight. looking forward to catching up with you!)