Sunday, July 25, 2010

Something in the water...but not for me.

Those of you who know me know that I want another baby, more than anything. And those of you who are close to me, know that it took us 7 years to get pregnant with Tanner. While Tanner is a huge blessing and the best thing that has ever happened to me, I feel an overwhelming desire to have another baby and it's just not happening.

I really wish that desire equaled getting what you want but I know that's not quite it, but wouldn't that be awesome? I know that God speaks to me through my trials and that He promises not to give me more than I can bear, but it really is tiring and honestly painful.

Another part of my struggle is that 8, yes 8, people that I know are currently pregnant. Also, the church that we attend has so many babies and pregnant ladies it's crazy. People say all the time, and say quite carelessly I must admit, to just drink the church water or something else meant to ease my pain but I still fail to hide a cringe.

I remind myself that God's plan is sovreign and that things happen according to His perfect timing, I just wish I could sneak a peak at those plans so the in between or wait time doesn't seem so long and perhaps wouldn't be so hard.

5 comments:

cathyK said...

I wish I could say something that would ease all the pain, just know that I love you and Im just a phone call away if you need to chat!
love ya!
Cathy

Jill said...

just wanted to make it official that I'm really glad that you posted this. I know that it's been a tough road for you guys and I think that sharing your journey can be helpful for you, and others.

thanks for your honesty!

Gina Rau said...

Oh the "helpful" things that come out of people's mouths.

The Christmas before we finally got pregnant after working with docs for almost 2 years, I was holding my niece at a family event when a distant relative of Justin's asked if that was my baby. My incredibly inconsiderate (and often flat-out rude & hurtful) sister-in-law says "ha, she only wishes!".

I'll never ever forget (or forgive) those hurtful words. She's offended me, said horrible things about both of my children and been a sneaky lil' you-know-what since I've known her but nothing hurt like that.

Some people just don't have a filter - nor a muzzle.

Anonymous said...

So true Jamie ... I feel the same way but god provides in time and I have realized that sometime he has different plans for us that is for sure...... Trust me some days I ask if we all could have a eight ball to see what the future holds..... God Bless you in your journey and good things are to come I guess we all learn patiences in this journey....

Abby said...

Sorry that was my comment ABBY
Still figuring out how to do things on these blogs