Monday, March 15, 2010

Cudda Whichoo Momma

In two year old speak, that’s “Cuddle with you Momma” which are some of the sweetest words I’ve ever heard.

Tanner is 100% boy so he rarely slows down but when I am blessed enough for him to slow down for just a few moments, he enjoys cuddling and I love it. I know there will come a time when he no longer wants to be with me, much less cuddle with me, so I am enjoying every second of it.

During some of the funkier winter months, we stayed inside and popped pop corn and watched movies. Tanner’s favorite has become Monsters, Inc which Larry and I could just about quote from memory by now. Although we were never proponents of vegging out, we’ve realized that he needs this as much as we do.

During our weekly viewing (or every couple of days if I'm being honest) of Monsters, Inc. (Tanner calls it Monfers) Larry, Tanner and I get in our comfy clothes, grab a snack and can be found huddled together on the couch with several blankets. It’s really become a sweet time that I look forward to. I hope it's on the agenda for tonight.

I love the little joys of motherhood. They make it all worth it.

1 comment:

Jill said...

so glad that you are aware of, and enjoying those moments! :-)