Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Break Up Letter Rebuttals

Thanks to my friend Jill, she and Winter wrote me a rebuttal letter to my initial break up letter. Enjoy.

Dear Jamie,

Don't think you can get rid of me so easily. I remember the first days that we spent together. You wanted me... you desired me. And I played an important part in your changing seasons.

I settled in and made myself comfortable. The children adored me and looked forward to seeing me every day. And now, just when I'm getting settled in... you are ready to call it quits? I feel used and abandoned.

I won't give up as easily as you think. You have not seen the last of me.
So.... sleep with one eye open.

Yours truly,
Winter

So of course in true Jamie fashion, I have to put Winter in it’s place. Here it my rebuttal to their rebuttal. In your face Winter. Hmmmph.

Dear Winter,

I was hoping we could have an amicable parting but I see from your rebuttal letter that is not the case.

Although you are right that in the beginning I did want you, I even desired you, now I feel like I can not get away from you fast enough and to some degree that hurts worse. I was really hoping we could remain friends however trite that sounds.

You make my skin dry to the point of cracking, burning and itching. It is not pleasant and it makes that initial desire and warm feelings turn into bitterness and resentment. I lay awake night after night trying to scratch that unreachable itch. I am tired of wearing sensible shoes and a bulky coat and scarf because of your painful chill that even with multiple layers, I can not escape. You have stolen from me several weekends and made me shovel your droppings day after day. I’ve just grown weary of your antics.

Winter, please understand that we are through. I didn’t want to hurt your feelings but I can see that it won’t be easy to make you thoroughly understand that I do not want to see you anymore. Please go away…and if you see Spring on your way out, don’t be alarmed, he’s “just a friend”.

1 comment:

CathyK said...

I think you both might be going crazy!

But...Im super excited that you are blogging again!