Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Late Christmas Post

Sorry for my lateness regarding Christmas but ours was put on hold because we became the house of puke and poop. Sorry too to be so graphic but it was awful. We actually didn't do a thing on Christmas Day except lie around and wish the bug would pass quickly. We took turns tending to Tanner since me, my Mom, Dad, and Larry all had the gastro bug starting at 1:01am Christmas Day. Again it was awful.

Well, enough of that. We are better now, finally finished opening all the presents, bought a new microwave since ours caught on fire the week before Christmas, and are settling back into work routines. We are introducing Tanner to the plethora of toys he received and deciding which toys to donate. He got so many and after just having a birthday, it really is ridiculous so we're going to give some of them away. Any local ideas? We are trying to teach Tanner at a young age to be selfless and giving so it sticks with him throughout his life.

My favorite gift is the first two books in the Twilight series. I know this may sound silly since it's about young love with a vampire but I really have enjoyed the ability to step away from reality for a little while. I finished Twilight in less than 3 days and now I'm reading the second book in the series, New Moon. I want to go see the movie but I can't convince Larry that this is a good idea. I might just go see it by myself. We'll see.

So what was your favorite Christmas gift, story, or memory?

3 comments:

Travis, Heather, & Tyler said...

Wow, stomach bugs ran all over the place on Christmas Day. The gift that keeps on giving....we had it too. Hope you are all feeling better!

thornpricker said...

It seems it was the Christmas for that. We were all sick. We still haven't seen Coleman's Dad. Em is still sick, although she is over the poop and puke. Hope you guys hsve a healthy New Year!

Unknown said...

I feel your pain ;)

As far as Twilight...welcome :) Go see the movie by yourself or with a girl. Take a tween. I went with a group of girlfriends, and then later took a friend's middle-school daughter and her buddy, and they were so grateful. It's definitely not a husband movie, though--especially if he hasn't read and appreciated the novel. Shoot, if you go to the dollar theater, I'll go with you again.